As a scrum master, you are responsible for facilitating agile team development. This is an important role in a world full of new technologies and distractions that can delay progress within a team.
Research indicated that agile teams experience increased productivity and decreased revenue loss.
- How can you help your team stay focused on the task at hand?
- Agree on timelines and outcomes and achieve them?
- Adapt to new technologies and processes?
- Remove obstacles that are impeding progress?
- Protect the team from outside distractions?
- Direct your team to outcomes, not output?
- Ensure everyone has the same priorities in mind (care)?
From our experience, the only way to help your team achieve these outcomes is through immersive learning. It is one thing to tell your team what they should care about, but another to allow them to practise in a safe environment with feedback from expert coaches.
Leaders that understand this and create opportunities for their team to develop these skills, create strong employees. This leads to more productive and satisfying meetings and faster progress on projects.